Back to the HOMEPAGE (click)
Taxi-MiniVan-Limousine | Hotel Parlament, NH City, Marmara
Attractions Budapest: Parliament building, Hotel Parlament, NH City, Marmara, Taxi Service. Sightseeing - detailed description
The Hungarian National Assembly didn't have a permanent seat for so many years finally in the last century a decision was taken for the construction of the Parliament building. An international designers' competition was announced which was won by Imre Steindl. He was professor of gothic architecture at the Budapest Technical University.
• the Parliament building is a neo-gothic building with eclectic elements
• it's impressing by its sizes
• stood under construction from 1885 to 1904
• as the building was completed it was the largest parliament building on the globe
• it is still the 3rd largest parliament building after the Westminster and the parliament in Buenos Aires
• it has got altogether 671 rooms from which 250 are offices
• the building is 268 m-s long and 118 m-s wide
• the dome is 96 m-s high from the street level
• the building has got altogether 27 entrances, 10 inner yards, 11 elevators
• on the floor is a red carpet which is almost 20 km-s long
• the building is lit by about 10.000 bulbs
• as 1 mentioned, constructions lasted a lot: in average daily 1.000 people worked here for 19 years
• for the interior decorations were used almost 40 kg of 24 carat gold
• the Parliament building is decorated from outside with 88 statues representing Hungarian kings or big personalities from Hungarian history
• above the windows there are 220 coat of arms representing different cities, noble families (the middle coat of arm of Hungary guarded by two angels is containing Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Transylvania and Fiume, the former attached territories)
Top 10 Dates in the Parliament’s History
1 1885 Foundation stone laid, 12 Oct
2 1896 First session of Parliament, 15 Mar
3 1902 Parliament building completed
4 1912 Assassin attempts to shoot speaker, 4 Jun
5 1920 Treaty of Trianon strips Hungary of a third of its territory, 4 Jun
6 1944 Hungary becomes a unicameral Republic
7 1955 Parliament withdraws from the bloc of Soviet-backed nations
8 1958 Execution of Prime Minister Imre Nagy, Jun
9 1989 Communists allow multi-party elections, Oct
1990 MPs take their seats after post-Communist elections, 2 May
Statue of Imre Nagy
Statue of Imre Nagy, the former Prime Minister of Hungary who was executed after the uprising 1956.
Hotels in the Surrounding Area:
This stylish boutique hotel with distinctive elegance is ideally in the heart of Budapest, only a few steps from the Danube bank, the Parliament and the St. Stephen’s Basilica. The main shopping areas such as the Vaci Ut Street and excellent restaurants with international and Hungarian gourmet specialties, trendy cafes and bars are close to the Hotel Parlament Budapest.
Hotel NH Budapest City
Ideally-located in the heart of the business district, the NH Budapest City hotel offers you a slice of modern luxury amid a backdrop of historic scenery. Nearby attractions: Parliament, Vígszínház Theatre, Nyugati station, and Margret Island.
Marmara Hotel is located in the heart of the city, right next to the Nagykörút (Grand Boulevard), which is one of the most important arteries through the city. The main sights and famous buildings are just a short walk away from us. The Parliament, Margaret Island, St. Stephen’s Basilica, numerous museums, theaters, as well as superb shops, cozy restaurants, and cafes of the city-center are only an arm length away.
Taxi / Limousine / Bus Service Budapest: Meet & Greet Services, absolutely free! Your driver will:
the vehicle in the car park and meet you in the terminal arrivals area.
Free waiting time if your flight is delayed. Display a white board with
your name on it. Welcome you and introduce himself. Escort you to the
vehicle. Help you take your luggage to the vehicle. Last but not least
we check our cars after each journey for left behind personal
Back to the HOMEPAGE (click)
Taxi Budapest, Hungary: Train, ship, bus, airport transfers